Join Cellectric Biosciences as a full-time Research Scientist in Vienna where you will work on a multidisciplinary team to develop novel fluidic device for cell isolation, leveraging both acoustic and electrodynamic cell manipulation techniques. Your role will involve optimizing parameters for electric field applications, assessing wave shapes for acoustic-based manipulations, and conducting wet-lab experiments to establish efficient cell separation practices. If you’re ready to contribute to groundbreaking research in a collaborative and innovative environment, apply now and be part of a team shaping the future of scientific exploration! Immediate start is available.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to develop and validate a novel cell isolation method based on acoustic- and electrodynamic cell manipulation.
- Optimize electric field parameters for selective lysis of diverse biofluids.
- Assess and select wave shapes and modes for acoustic-based cell manipulation.
- Perform wet-lab experiments to establish parameters for efficient cell separation and enrichment.
- Stay abreast of advancements in microfluidics, acoustofluidics and relevant cell separation techniques.
- Hold a degree in Microfluidics, Chemical Engineering, Biophysics or Biology.
- Proven expertise in microfluidics and designing cell manipulation systems.
- Hands-on experience with biofluids (e.g., blood, synovial fluid, sputum) is required.
- Previous experience with E-field applications in biological samples.
- Hands-on experience with acoustic technologies applied to biological systems (acoustofluidics).
- Experience with automation and high-throughput methodologies.
- Strong programming skills (e.g., Python, Octave) for data analysis.
- Proven experience in numerical simulations to assist with prototyping development. (e.g., ultrasound in fluids, acoustic streaming)
What we offer
- An interdisciplinary and international team that complements each other and works towards a common goal.
- Appreciative communication and flat organizational structures.
- 40-hour work weeks with a monthly gross salary of 3300,– EUR (14x annually)
How to apply
If you are interested, please send your CV including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org