Cellectric is offering a full-time Fab Lab Technician job opportunity in Vienna, Austria.
By creating high-quality prototypes, the Fab Lab technician will play an important role in bringing ideas to life. From the design and fabrication of proof-of-concept bench devices to fluidic and medical device prototypes. The ideal candidate is a hands-on problem solver who is comfortable with 3D CAD/CAM design, CNC machining, 3D printing, laser cutting, tinkering, and rapid design solutions to demonstrate your creativity and technical skills.
We believe in the ability of technology and fabrication to bring ideas to life.
- Operate CNC machines, 3D printers and laser cutters to create high-quality parts and prototypes in accordance to design specifications.
- Tinker and experiment with quick solutions for wet-lab experiments and product prototypes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand design requirements and provide feedback
- Create innovative solutions to design and manufacturing challenges
- Maintained detail record of prototypes and design iteration for future reference and improvements.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Fab Lab and workshop, ensuring a safe, clean and efficient working environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, industrial design or related field.
- Proven experience in CNC machining, 3D printing and laser cutting.
- Proficient in CAD/CAM software for designing prototype components.
- Technical ability in the use and maintenance of workshop tools and machinery.
- Strong problem-solving skills and hands-on approach to prototyping.
- Bonus: Deep understanding of various materials and their properties, with the ability to select the most appropriate for each application.
. What we offer
- An interdisciplinary and international team that complements each other and works towards a common goal.
- Appreciative communication and flat organizational structures.
- 40-hour work weeks with a monthly gross salary of at least 3.000,– EUR. Overpayment negotiable depending on qualification and experience.
How to apply